Monday, March 23, 2020

The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

I liked it. It's been a while since I've read anything "paranormal." I'm pretty picky with paranormal stories. They are either super spooky, or super corny. This one was a happy medium. It was a little slow at times, but those moments didn't last too long at all.

👻

2017- We meet Carly Kirk, niece to Viv Delaney, who went missing, working as a night clerk at The Sun Down Motel in 1982, amongst several other women who had gone missing in the area, at that time. Carly takes over the night clerk position, putting herself in the mindset and aura of her missing aunt. She starts experiencing the same ghostly encounters and following the same mysteries as her aunt.

👻

That's as far as I'm going to go, to not reveal any spoilers. It's a fast read but it is worth it. I felt like I personally related to Heather, Carly's friend she meets along this adventure, on a SOUL LEVEL. Heather is my spirit animal. Read it, if only to gush over how adorable and real and wonderful Heather is.

No comments:

Post a Comment